Lawyer in Berkeley, CA
If you or someone you know has recently experienced a workplace-related injury, illness or disease, you may find that you need an attorney to protect your rights when navigating the complexities of the Workers’ Compensation system. Pursuing a claim and obtaining the appropriate benefits can be a very complicated and overwhelming process adding stress to an already difficult time in life. The first question that must be considered is whether the injured worker is receiving the appropriate benefits in a timely fashion.
In an accepted claim, benefits can include:
- Medical Treatment
- Temporary Disability (wage loss while you are unable to work)
- Permanent Disability (typically assessed when the condition has reached 'maximal medical improvement' or 'MMI')
Of course, if the claims administrator denies the claim, medical treatment and disability benefits must be sought outside the workers' compensation system while the denial is challenged.
Whether the claim is accepted or denied, legal representation should at least be considered. We at Vincent Marletta Law Office understand and respect every individual’s unique circumstances and needs when pursuing a workers' compensation claim. These considerations include:
- Choosing the best possible treatment the workers' compensation system has to offer
- The injured worker's current employment status and plans
- Investigating for possible third party liability or the filing of petitions for increased benefits for discrimination or the employer's serious and willful misconduct
- Assessing possible eligibility for benefits outside the workers' compensation system, including short/long term disability, State Disability Insurance (EDD), Social Security disability, etc.
- Assuring that the injured worker is receiving the maximum benefits allowable under the Labor Code
- Finalizing/settling the case in a way that serves the injured worker's best interests
Please do not hesitate to call today
We offer every person who inquires a free phone or in-office consultation to help you assess whether or not obtaining representation is in your best interest. If it is not, we will so advise and otherwise try to answer your questions. If we do form an attorney-client relationship, we’ll work with you step-by-step and assist you in getting the help you need to recover from the injury and compensate you for the time and income lost from work. Our office is located in Berkeley CA but we serve the entire Bay Area. We represent clients with employers big and small and injuries small to catastrophic. Please call today if you need help.
Share Us With Your Friends and Family
Thank you for sharing us with your friends and family. Referrals are the best thank you gifts we could possibly receive.
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
- Member of the California Applicants' Attorney Association